You know the feeling as soon as the heat sets in: The humidity rises, days are longer, more activities outdoors means more sweat, more time in the water, and definitely a thick layer of SPF (and you’re making sure to reapply every two hours, right?). I know, the last thing you want to do is have to pile on a thick layer of makeup that will eventually just sweat off anyway. Luckily, there are a few super simple tips I’ve compiled for you here to help you get through the summer totally makeup-free, and that’s really the dream, isn’t it?
- Double-Cleanse: More sweat during the long, hot summer days means more potential for bacteria to seep into your pores creating issues with acne, blackheads, and enlarged pores. Double-cleansing (yes, morning AND night) is like hitting the reset button on your skin, ensuring that all of the bacteria, dirt, and sweat is definitely off, leaving you with a fresh face. It’s always a good idea to wash your pillowcase regularly as well, since bacteria can hide there.
- Protect & Layer Up: After cleansing, start with a serum equipped to handle your toughest skin concerns. For a maximum no-makeup-needed glow, use FACTORFIVE’s regenerative serum–the only growth factor serum that lists human stem cell conditioned media as its first ingredient. FACTORFIVE Skincare’s stem cells are ethically derived and maintained in their own lab, meaning a group of highly trained scientists control the quality from start to finish. As a bonus, FACTORFIVE’s regenerative serum is high in low-weight molecular hyaluronic acid, antioxidants, and wrinkle-fighting peptides.
Next up, opt for an ultra-light and non-greasy cream that’s light enough to layer and calming enough to soothe your sun-kissed red skin. FACTORFIVE’s anti-aging cream boasts the same powerful human stem cells as its serum, plus has the added soothing benefits of aloe vera and green tea extract to help you from needing gobs of sticky liquid foundation to cover facial redness.Pro tip: To form a protective seal over the skin and lock-in the growth factors, apply the anti-aging cream after the serum dries.
- Treat Your Eyes: Treating your eyes to a three-in-one eye cream such as FACTORFIVE’s eye/lash cream will not only help reduce the appearance of under eye bags and dark circles, but works quickly to assist in enhancing your lashes and brows for a mascara-free summer. Users saw up to 23% lash growth in just four weeks (with full results at 12 weeks). Our eye/lash cream is also prostaglandin-free (unlike other popular lash serums) which means it will NOT change the color of your eyes or leave them irritated and red.
- Reapply that SPF: Putting on SPF daily after your serums and creams should be a no-brainer, but it’s important to remember in the summertime when spending more time outdoors to reapply every two hours, and make sure you’re using SPF 30 or higher.
- Use a Low Molecular Weight Hyaluronic Acid: A low molecular weight hyaluronic acid (HA) is recommended for its ability to hold 1,000 times its weight in water. HA helps your skin retain moisture and assists in keeping its surface smooth and soft. It even helps calm redness or irritation from particularly harsh climates.
- Soothe Sun-Kissed Skin: Spent a little too much time in the sun? FACTORFIVE’s regenerative serum is packed with powerful human stem cell growth factors that assist in healing and restoring your skin. Pro tip: Put it in the fridge for a few minutes or overnight before applying for an ultra cooling effect.
- Drink Up: A simple, but effective tip. Drinking enough water helps your skin look dewy, plump, and gives you that just-walked-off-the-beach summer glow.
Are you rocking a makeup-free summer? Send us a photo of your makeup-free glow at firstname.lastname@example.org or share your selfie on Instagram with #FACTORFIVE and we’ll send you a 25% coupon if you’re featured on our Instagram page.